* You need to have a car or a boat to explore Sardinia properly. Car is cheaper. Boat is quicker. I prefer boat. We got a car.
* We had a car for the whole trip. Sometimes you can drive for 1 - 2 hours to get to a beach. And because you have the car you can easily decide not to stay because 1) it's too small, 2) it's too crowded, 3) it's a pebble beach, and move on to another beach.
* There's more to Sardinia than just nice beaches. Lovely mountains, rivers, waterfall. We mainly saw beaches.
* We went kayaking on Wednesday. From 9.30am to 5.30pm. Let me tell you: it's great. But it's tiring like hell. It's worth doing it, but on the way back you can't help asking yourself why the heck you did that!
* I want to learn Italian.
* Full of Italian tourists here.
* We need to come back at least 5 more times to see a bit of everything.
* Come prepared. Do a bit of research. Some places can be very difficult to drive around and you can end up frustrated driving in circles.
* We found a lot of locals that speak English. Not everybody tho. But Italian is such a beautiful language that it's worth learning some few sentences and trying to communicate.
* I tried to speak - a mix of portuguese-spanish-french-italian. We always got away with it.
Sent from my mobile device