Friday, June 01, 2007

Bless the sun!

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago when I spotted an Argos store window full of summer promotions. A camping tent for just 99 pounds. Ok, it was a tent for ten people. By why would I want a tent for 10 people? Hmmm, second thought. I like space and it would be good to have a living room just in case it rains and you have to be indoors.

*******

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago when I heard a guy saying to another "Vamos massacrar", "nao, vamu massacra", "isso, vamu massacra, veri gudi". Mas hein, Bin Laden tah recrutando?

*******

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago when I passed by the Brazilian Embassy (which is NOT in Oxford Street by the way) and saw a bunch of people wearing the Brazilian football t-shirt. "A protest? On a Friday? Nah, we don't do that on Fridays", I thought. Then the light: today is Brazil x England game!!!

*******

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago and I was thinking why I wasn't goiong to the game, and instead, I was going to a Gypsy show. Oh, yeah, the tickets cost 45 quid each. 45 pounds is quite a lot of money to see a friendly game that our team might even lose. Makes sense.

*******

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago when I decided I want to write a book. What would it be about? A biography? Hmmm, I didn't come up from nowhere, I didn't have a hell of a life, I wasn't spancked by my parents, raped, or kidnapped. I wasn't "that" close to death to tell my experience in the tunnel of light. I didn't work as a volunteer in some country Africa devasted by civil war and had to fight for my life at the same time I was trying to save starving children. I'm not dating a famous football player. I'm not a famous singer. No, my life can be pretty plain and boring comparing to that. Should I try to come up with a fiction story? Inspiration, inspiration.

Would somebody buy a book about trying to write a book?

********

I was walking - or fighting to move forward - in Oxford Street a while ago when I felt my armpits sweating. Damn deodorant; it was supposed to be anti-perspirant!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:30 PM

    hehey ... tell me about the armipts.. heheh, I ma having teh same feeling today! Luckily I have a deodorant in my bag to my rescue..lol... About the "vamos massacrar" , the otehr day I was at Charing Cross station shouting at Gu on the phone "Puta merda, voce foi pegar onibus pra vir pra ca ??" and a guy passed through and said "olha o palavrao" ... just remindes me that maybe Gu is right by saying we'll have a BBC channel in portuguese soon :)
    See ya tomorrow !!!! Enjoy the gipsy festival... (we got luck and got the £30 tickets to see Brazil, u-hu!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I don believe this anti-perspirant malarkey, really...
    but isn t it great to sweat after so long???

    ReplyDelete

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!