Monday, June 26, 2006

So far so good! 1 of many

I'm still lying on my warm bed (best thing about laptops). No strength to move, because the weekend was very busy and my poor legs are in pain. My travelcard expired and I don't want to renew it until tomorrow or Wednesdays, which means going to College walking. On my defense, I have to say that I woke up at 9h30, I’m doing the laundry and I’ve cleaned the kitchen, besides working a bit on my project.

I was looking for a photo to update my fotolog, but I couldn’t find any good one to put there. On the other hand, I started thinking about my period in London, and all the things I couldn’t do, and all the things I did, and all the things that I will do soon. I can to this city for a master. That’s was the focus, that’s what I’m doing, but in the meanwhile I also manage to do some other nice things that wasn’t part of the ‘master plan’. Here is a little chronology of my short life in London.

I went to Porto in September, 2005. I had a one way ticket only. No place to stay, no date to come back. But I did come back, 3 days later. This month was also to sort my life here; I moved from my temporary house to my actual one, I bought a mobile and got partially connected to the world, and I was getting familiarized with London and the tube map. I went to my first (Shakespeare’s) pay in London, which I can’t remember the name now. I don’t like theatre that much, I confess that I didn’t understand half of the play, but in the end it was good to visit The Globe.




I started my relationship during a weekend trip to Barcelona in October, 2005. I also got totally connected to world when my laptop arrived. It was when my classes started and I was getting adapted to the academic life again.



I went to Granada in November, 2005, in a very personal weekend trip. The winter started in London and it was the first time I was under 0°C. My body was trying to adapt to the food, water, weather, colors, etc., and it was a painful experience. We went to the Blue Man Group and Stomp, both very nice, especially the latter. I’m not sure about the dates, but I’m pretty sure both were by the ends of October, and/or November.



I went to Brazil in December, 2005. I got some tan, ate good food, saw my friends and was apart for Cipri for over a month. I heard Mick Jagger singing in my head “No, you can’t always get what you want”. It was Mariana’s birthday in the beginning of the month, we went to Guanabara, where I drank caipirinha, ate bolinho de bacalhau and danced funk (“vai poposuda”).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!