Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Doblin was quite nice, I must say

Lots to talk about 'Doblin'. Starting with the 'fonny' accent, a little bit American, a little bit British, a lot Irish. The Irish people are odd too. Not because of the 'fonny' way of speaking, not because they pack the 'pobs', not because they have red hair and very red chicks, but because they are 'normal' people, in a Brazilian concept of normal. I saw a couple of Irish drivers that simply didn't stop at the red light. But they did blushed and were very shy about that. I think it's cool! :-P

Another 'cool' thing in Doblin is the special audio effect of the pedestrian green lights. It is something like this: "piiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta". I got addicted to it and EVERY time we were waiting for the green light I would do the noise too. Me and the machine singing together piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta. I thought I was the only crazy person, but later on I saw others doing the same.

One more cool thing I saw in Doblin. The Irish are happy people and have a great sense of humour. The city is very musical; you can find musicians in every corner, singing and playing for money, as you find at the tube stations of London. In Doblin it is more easy going, more relaxed, more amateur and consequently - in my opinion - more authentic. We saw these group of teenagers rehearseling something close to 'street dance' - a bunch of very very white kids trying to do those complex dance steps that only black people are capable of. Not being racist here, but people have to assume that they have certain limitations. Some people do. Like this redded hair chubby guy on the 'audience' that decided to show his skills on street dance. I would have given him some coins, if I was the type of person that gives money to public presentations, just because he made me laugh so much.

Last cool thing about Doblin: the weather was so welcoming! Today my classmates said "you have a tan"! Do I need to say something else? Photos to be posted! :-D

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!