Friday, August 08, 2008

I was having some drinks with the folks at work today (ok, I was on diet pepsi) and we were talking about a pub/bar/restaurant next to our office that has happy hours 2-4-1 cocktails until 7pm. And here was the conversation:

Me: We should go there after work.
A guy: Nah, the place is kinky.
Me: Well, if the drink is good, what does it matter?
A guy: if the drink is good? We can see that you are a foreigner?
Me: what do you mean?
A guy: we don't say if the drink is good. Its not English?
Me: how would you say then?
A guy: I don't know, but not if the drink is good.
Me: oh, common, tell me. I don't want to speak bad english.
A guy: there's nothing wrong with what you said, but an English person would say 'if the club is nice', 'if the music is good'...

I genuinely thought he was talking about my grammar or bad English, but he was just calling me an alcoholic. That's fine then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!