Thursday, May 24, 2007

Films I've seen lately

I haven't been to the cinemas that often. Sad, because every month Cineworld takes £ 13.99 out of my bank account so I can go to their screening rooms whenever I want and see whichever film I like.

* Painted Veil

For natural born romantics, that believe that love can be anywhere, just waiting for you. I'm not one of those people, but I liked the film.

It was shot in China, and the views are breathtaking! After this film, China went to my Top 5 Must Go Places 2008.

I don't want to spoil the film, so I will say only that it is a film about learning to love.


* 28 Weeks Later

It's a good bad film, if you know what I mean. If you don't like horror films at all, don't bother to see this. It's full of "boo" moments, which I don't like, but also, hmmm, fun. Well, maybe it is because I live in London and it is about a virus that destroys the whole city, transforming people into zombies. Have you seen Resident Evil? It's the British version. BTW, I like Resident Evil a lot, both of them.


* This is England

I wonder is this film will screen in Brazil. Maybe in cinemas such as Espaço Unibanco. It's an interesting film, about England in the beginning of the 80's, when some skinheads started with the Nationalist bullshit and transformed into the skinheads we know. Depressing, but a true story. If you think Falklands Island should be called Malvinas and returned to Argentina, this film will make you even angrier.

The soundtrack is great! Check it out on the official website: www.thisisenglandmovie.co.uk.

And that's about it. I'm still deciding if I should see Spider Man, and trying to figure out how I am going to be up to date with all the films coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!