Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as a bird

Today I will hand in my dissertation. Good, huh? Yeah, I think it's great too. I think the worst part of the course was to forget everything I have learned before and assume that everything new I was learning is considered the new revolutionary idea of Culture Studies. Nothing against using new ideas, but when you spend 6 years of your life studying Social Communication because you like it, and because you like linguistic and like to write and words are so important to you, it is very traumatic to substitute everything by philosophycal concepts. I am not a very abstract person, which also doesn't help. At least I was happy with my last two conclusions.

This Sunday I'm flying to Rio. Leaving at 4.20 pm and arriving on the next day at 11.45 am. Yes, I feel sorry for myself too.

Last weekend was so warm in London. It was great. Sunday we went to Greenwich for a walk. Greenwich is a lively. The park is nice. The best part is that we can go walking! It is around 20-30 minutes, not bad, huh? At least I am exercising somehow, as, so far, I've been paying the gym, but not attending. Shame on me. I haven't been to the cinemas either. We will tomorrow though, but I'm not sure about which film.

From the 22nd I'm no longer a student. My card won't have access to the facilities anymore, which means no more free DVDs.

he plans for the next days are: pack, buy little gifts for some people, go to the cinema tomorrow, meet up with some friends on Thursday, celebrate 11 months on Friday, get stressed on Saturday (I suffer of Pre-Trip Tension), and feel weird on Sunday (happy to go home, sad to leave home, etc). I have to confess that the happiest part of this trip is the food. I cannot stand the food here anymore. ANY food. Pasta, indian, british, water, milk... Most of the time I am hungry, but I don't feel like eating. Even though, I keep putting on weight! (yeah, replacing food with ice cream).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!