Friday, December 22, 2006

Last day!

Hiya, folks!

As I have no access to pictures here, I decided to write a post here, but I hope I can post something in the Portuguese version too. Today is kinda last day of the year. The weekend will be dedicated to cleaning and packing, with some interruptions for a movie and maybe eat out with friends. No plans for Christmas' Eve, which could be very depressing for a Brazilian, but for some years I've "learned" not to care about this date. My family used to be huuuuuuuuuuge when I was a kid, we used to have between 20 and 30 people at home every year, but due to "shit happens" issues, it was reduced to a couple of aunts and cousins coming along. So mom & I got used to travel during Christmas - sometimes we were lucky to get a reasonable package that would include NY too - and forget about the date. Sad, but true: I don't give a damn about Christmas. For me it is either being in a house full of lively souls (can be a bunch of good friends, when you are away from home), shouting, laughing, eating, having a great fun, or travelling and preteding nothing is happening.

We are going with the latter. Gran Canaria, a warm(er) spot is waiting for us on the 25th and will be our home until the 1st. I'm assuming that these 7 days will be great. Of course that all pleasure has to be preceeded by some stress. There is no public transportation available on the 25th, how good is that? We will have to think about our war strategy to get to the airport - and hope that the fog will give a break by then. But after all the stress and trouble, we will have 7 days in paradise (well, personally I think Paradise is somewhere around the Pacific Islands).

Although I don't enjoy Christmas time, it doesn't mean that I won't wish you all a great time. It is a good time to think about the ones we love and miss, and be with the ones we love, and have fun, and have good thoughts and think about becoming a better person, and most all think about how lucky we are to have a great meal - especially if you are from Brazil, yummy, cod fish cake, turkey, pork, rabanada, farofa, fruits, and all those fatty food that we eat like there's no tomorrow. Well, there is a tomorrow and tomorrow we will eat more of those yummy food, because families usually cook enough food to feed a whole country.

I'll try to be back before travelling, but in case I can't, I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year's passage. I wish a bright 2007 for all of us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!